Track 7 Brewing Co., a favorite of this author and many Sacramento beer aficionados, has come up with a novel way to raise funds for a planned taproom expansion at its location off Sutterville Boulevard. They’re releasing a limited-edition stainless steel growler, which the owner of can have filled for free once per day at no additional cost. The upfront expenditure may seem a bit high at first; it’s currently being marketed at an eye-opening $750 dollars. But considering the potential return on that investment with proper planning and frequent visits, the holder of the near-bottomless growler may just pocket thousands of dollars in saving over 2013.
From the Track 7 Facebook page:
Hey Track 7 Fans! We are proud to introduce a very limited opportunity to purchase an Almost-Bottomless Growler for 2013. We are offering this opportunity to help us build out the tap room expansion, which will open on our 1st Anniversary December 31, 2012. Here is the low down and the fine print:
Pricing $749 for 2013
– Runs Jan 1 2013 through Dec 31 2013
– Includespremium “Flip-Top” Stainless Steel Growler
– 1 Growler fill per day that Track 7 is open. As we expand our days (which will be happening after the first of the year), this will provide more opportunities to fill the growler.
– Includes Growler fill of any Track 7 offering, including Big 4 and all of our special releases for 2013 (and we are planning at least one per month). The only exception would be our barrel-aged releases.
– We will allow the purchase of growler fills of barrel-aged releases, which will not be offered to general public.
– Your name on a plaque in brewery expansion that says “Expansion Made Possible By”. Your name will forever be featured within the Track 7 Brewing Co tap room.
Pays for itself with:
– 1.2 fills per week (62 fills) of regular releases
– 0.9 fills per week (47 fills) of IPA and other special releases
– 0.75 fills per week (39 fills) of Big 4
– Additional fills are return on investment.
Reasons to do it:
– Save money on the growler fills you are already purchasing.
– Premium and exclusive stainless steal flip-top growler
– Plaque honoring your purchase for helping to make the tap room expansion possible.
– Ability to purchase growler fills of barrel-aged beers that will be unavailable to the general public.
– Acknowledgement at the ribbon cutting for the tap room expansion on our 1st Anniversary.
Sales of these Almost-Bottomless Growlers will start December 1, 2012 and run until we have reached our maximum.Cheers!